Friday, April 17, 2009

The Joint

Since I live in Culver City I don't go to Vegan Joint as often as it seems from my posts. But as far as Thai Vegan places are concerned I'd rather stay local and eat here! Its also on the way to where Jeff works. So the other day before work we decided to head over there for some lunch. Jeff got what I usually get, the most delicious combination of breakfast or any meal ever, tropical chicken pancakes. Its "tropical" (bananas and blueberries) pancakes, with a side of fried chicken. Why is chicken and pancakes so good together? I dont know. Its probably the same amazing deliciousness as fried chicken and waffles, which I have never had. And if that wasn't enough food, he got a side of grilled potatoes. I wanted to try something new so I ordered the spicy noodle soup. It was really good! The broth was just spicy enough and it tasted like it has some kind of citrus oil to it maybe lime? I love noodle soup like ramen and udon etc but this soup was different because they used a flat rice noodle. It also had tofu and the fish in it so for the money its the best noodle dish on the menu since everyother dish only has tofu and is $2 to add meats and thats what I was drawn to the most about this dish in the first place. It was a good change of pace and the fishies were really good in the soup. Til next time vegan joint...


1 comment:

Lex said...

I love the Vegan Joint, they are so nice there! And SPEEDY! I've seen them RUN FULL OUT when its crowded to get people served faster!